Rolling Target Games
On Sundays from 3pm to 4pm (sometimes later!) I offer rolling target practice at the Woodley Park Archery Range in Van Nuys, CA. Come out and see the fun! I do not charge for this, but I do accept donations to help cover the cost of the targets!
(Please note that if it is raining we will not be doing the rolling target practice. Additionally, if the field is muddy due to several days of rain, we will also not be doing the rolling target practice.)
You can read my blog post for more tidbits on Rolling Targets.
- Archers have to have their own equipment.
- Field points and bludgeon tips are fine.
- No broadheads or Judo points. (They tear up the balls too much!)
- No sights. (This is for instinctive archery practice!)
- Every archer must roll an end in an ordered fashion. (Archer 1, archer 2, archer 3, etc., repeat.) All individuals short on ends after the last end get one or more extra ends to make up for the ends they are missing.
- Target size: 8"-10"
- Distance from archers to rolling line: 15 meters
- Shooting width: 15 meters (space between the "begin fire" marker and the "end fire" marker)
- Three targets rolled per end, one shot per target (Max points per end: 3)
- Ten total ends (Max points per day: 30)
- Monthly Averages are done as an average for each shooter for that month, and this is used to rank a shooter as first, second, or third place for the month. If a shooter shoots three days, the score is the total score divided by three. This helps to compensate for rainouts and for archers who cannot make it every weekend and encourages participation. (Monthly Average=(score+score+...)/#days)
- Yearly Averages are done as an average for each shooter for that year, and this is used to rank a shooter as first, second, or third place for the year. If a shooter shoots nine out of 10 months, the score is the total score divided by nine. (Yearly Average=(month+month+...)/#months)
Beginning January 2013, I will be keeping a tally of hits for those who regularly come to practice the rolling targets. Archers who score hits can have their name and photo displayed here (photos optional) with a count of hits organized by month. Below the current standings we will show the first, second, and third place winners for each month as the month comes to a close. This is a great way to see your progress as a rolling target archer!