Level 1 Instructor Course
Become a USAA Certified Instructor! Become a valuable asset in the archery community and help others learn the time-honored martial art of archery! Even if you do not want to instruct, you can help your local archery program or just gain helpful knowledge!
According to USA Archery, "The Level 1 Archery Instructor Certification Course provides graduates with the necessary tools to maintain a high level of safety both on and off the archery range. This course focuses on empowering Instructors to provide safe, informative and enjoyable classes that help participants to fully experience the fun and excitement of archery.
"The Level 1 Instructor is prepared to teach archery in a group setting and can lead beginner archery programs for Explore Archery, camps, community organizations, and park and recreation departments. Level 1 Instructors may also assist with USA Archery Junior Olympic Archery Development (JOAD), Adult Archery Program and Collegiate Archery Program Clubs."
- Course Duration: 6-8 hours
- Course content: Range safety, range set-up, basic equipment setup and repair, and how to teach the basic steps of shooting.
- Prerequisites: Minimum age: 15, successful completion of SafeSport training (free online course!)
- Course Cost: $130
- Certification period: Three years
Any Level 1 Instructor who wants individual insurance coverage will need to become a member of USA Archery and complete a background check.
Taking the Level 1 to help out with your local archery program? your local program may have additional requirements; find out these requirements wen we will assist you in meeting these requirements.
Level 2 Instructor Course
A Level 2 Instructor works with a more established archery program such as J.O.A.D., A.S.A.P., college clubs and local clubs with a strong beginner component. Level 2 Instructors are also certified to teach Level 1 courses. Current Level 2 Instructors with a successful background screen are eligible for insurance benefits.
- Course Duration: 12-16 hours
- Course Content: Basic shooting steps, introduce intermediate shooting steps, safety, range set-up, equipment setup and repair, fitting equipment to an archer.
- Prerequisites: Minimum age: 18, USA Archery or NFAA membership, successful background screen, successful completion of SafeSport training (free online course!)
- Course Cost: $200
- Certification period: Three years.